If you are lovely lady with a cool skin tone, then you have the opportunity to be exposed to an entirely different makeup palette than your warm skin toned sisters. Some examples of celebrities who have delightful cool skin tones are Courteney Cox and Anne Hathaway, both of whom are women to be envied!
To determine if you are a cool skin tone, there are a few easy methods. First of all, you do need to check the undertones of your skin to see if they are pink or bluish. If you can see the veins on the inside of your wrist, and if they are blue, then you are most likely a cool skin tone. If you can hold a piece of silver jewelry to your complexion, and it looks complementary, then your skin tone is cool. If white or black clothing looks better at you, then you probably are a cool skin tone because of the colors that complement you. As a woman with a cool skin tone, it is important to know which makeup shades flatter your skin the best, so here are the top five choices available in makeup colors for cool skin tones:
1. Foundation: Make sure that you choose any foundation shade with a rosy or pink color that is suitable for your skin. Regardless of your exact skin tone, if you do have cool undertones, it is necessary to choose a foundation shade that has blue or pink undertones to directly match the cool shade of your complexion.
2. Concealer: Choose a concealer shade that is one shade lighter than your cool toned foundation, and also be sure to use a green concealer or color corrector to minimize redness in your skin as a cool skin tone.
3. Eye Shadow: To choose the best eyeshadow color available for you, use grays, blues, silvers, and emerald greens. It is best not to use some of the warmer eyeshadow colors, like bronze, copper, or coral. You have a huge variety available to you in your eyeshadow choices, but just make sure that they are cool with blue or pink undertones.
4. Blush: For your blush color, you can easily choose something that perfectly complements your skin tone by pinching your cheek. You can match the blush shade to your natural flush, and it will have a blue or pink undertone if you are a cool skin tone. Look for blush colors in plums and pinks, and avoid bronze or almond colors, which are for warmer skin tones.
5. Lips: Your lip color does need to have a blue or pink base, which is something that is important to remember if you want to apply red lipstick. One of the biggest mistakes that you can make with a cool skin tone is applying a red lipstick that has a warm undertone because it will not be flattering. Look for a lip color that has blue or pink undertones, which will complement you and make your teeth look whiter as a result!